SHOCKWAVE THERAY AT CLINIQUE TAG
Shockwave therapy is often used in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders or injuries involving connective soft tissues such as ligaments and tendons, as well as pain in the bones, heel, and joints.
Shockwave technology uses high energy mechanical acoustic impulses or sound waves to eliminate pain, restore mobility, improve blood circulation to regenerate damaged tissue and stimulate the body’s healing process.
Treatment is targeted to damaged tissue using a hand-held applicator and can improve the breakdown of adhesions, scar tissue and calcifications.
INDICATIONS FOR SHOCKWAVE THERAPY:
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Plantar fasciitis and heel spur
- Tennis elbow and golfer elbow
- Rotator cuff and carpal tunnel injuries
- Treatment of scar tissue
- Rider’s knee and Morton’s neuroma
- Exotoses of small joints of the hand
- TAchilles tendinopathies / patellar / hamstring
- Calcifying tendonitis of the shoulder
- Sports injuries, shin splints, bursitis
- Hamstring, ankle and foot pain
- Myofascial trigger point therapy